Status before market opening:
- Bidding caps for DAM, IDM are established for 9 months – at the level of UAH 2/kWh for peak hours, UAH 0.96/kWh for night hours.
- Bidding caps for balancing market (BM) and auxiliary services market are set until full synchronization with ENTSO-E. BM is limited within a range of 0.85 – 1.15 x DAM.
- Market Operator and Guaranteed Buyer received licenses and starts signing agreements.
- Not all metering points are registered, not all market players took part in testing.
- IT platforms were not thoroughly tested.
- PSO adopted to ensure stability of tariffs for households, but the mechanism may not be optimal.
What is a Policy Briefing?
Similar to Policy Papers, current or possible future policy topics are discussed. The economic analysis and policy recommendations are presented in a concise manner, focussing on the core arguments and results.