- Ukraine can absorb up to 15 GW of RES with current system
- Proven flexibilities of UA‘s electricity system sufficient to balance higher shares of RES
- Low RES development at high costs – adjustment of support scheme needed
- Adjustment of FIT towards RES generation costs would reduce cost for Green Tariff significantly
- Incentives to increase the distribution of RES in Ukraine will decrease balancing needs and network cost
What is a Policy Briefing?
Similar to Policy Papers, current or possible future policy topics are discussed. The economic analysis and policy recommendations are presented in a concise manner, focussing on the core arguments and results.